Sunday, January 26, 2014

Update

Hello to any loyal readers that I have out there in this wonderful cyber world that has made the world a smaller place by some degree, though I wish it was smaller as I'd likely have friends that were a bit closer.

I thought I'd let you in on a little bit of what is going on and why there is a delay in the writing of the forthcoming chapters to A Lady's Perogative: Wounded Aerth and Stories From The End and a few others I've been working on and started.

First of all in case some of you didn't know there are a large number of people who make it a game competing for the credit for what someone else does online. It has become like a modern form of identity theft where your own identity is swapped with that of someone else and often to your detriment and their benefit. All of this happens locally and for what I put out mostly a lot of bad comes back. I have a feeling that this is something that may be going on many places and that I am not the only victim.

I've actually had the same thing happen with my activism as well with some people locally taking credit for my online efforts for Amnesty International in terms of letter writing on behalf of prisoners of conscience. Many people take part in such activities so when someone does such a thing it really makes a mockery of the effort as a whole. In this case not only did it affect my sense of contribution but it also affected me financially costing me a sizeable sum of money. I've since restricted my participation in such activity though I would say that others should not be discouraged.

Anyway I have decided that until this activity stops or until I relocate to somewhere more peaceful, that I am indefinitely ceasing work on any of the stories on this blog. I apologize that this affects the readers and others who peruse this blog, those who are among my most valued allies and many friends. Thankfully I don't have any children or dependants whose lives would be affect by such a thing.

Risque Factor will from time to time contain my efforts to expose this activity in order to help others who are victim to it understand it a little bit better as well while keeping it away from conspiracy and paranoia and more concentrating on that aspect of it being a social phenomenon. Some of the more recent articles apply to this research effort.

Any, for the time being I'd like to add some more inspirational women to the list that I'd not mentioned only because they were a part of this whole thing way back in the beginning. Tina Fey and fellow comedienne and actor Amy Poehler were a part of that from their work on Saturday Night Live and many other great performances. Speaking of comediennes I'd also like to mention Andrea Martin and Catherine O'Hara of SCTV fame, both who are multi talented performers and have a wide variety of memorable recurring characters.

All the best and hopefully this matter will be resolved soon,

Brian Joseph Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Origins Of Shhhh! Digital Media

 Hi. if you've found this site, you're looking at the origins of what eventually became Shhhh! Digital Media ( https://www.shhhhdigi...