Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Just An Illusion: (Original Composition)

Just An Illusion


This song was written and produced during my stay at the Dixon Hall School House shelter in 2008. I had worked my butt off for three months and bought a cheap laptop and an M-Audio 49 key keyboard so I could write music to keep myself from going crazy. It didn't work. The laptop was a HP Compaq Presario, the keyboard was an M-Audio KeyRig 49 an awesome midi controller keyboard with a Virtual Synth package included. 


It was recorded in two takes at about 3am in the morning on a February using the included Ableton Live recording software. Thanks to the great guitar sound which had effects like string noise and muted play based upon the velocity of your playing, I was able to get the perfect acoustic ballad sound and retain an eerie-ness with a great organ patch. I left the keyboard behind in storage when I left and it was quickly snatched unfortunately. I'm looking for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Origins Of Shhhh! Digital Media

 Hi. if you've found this site, you're looking at the origins of what eventually became Shhhh! Digital Media ( https://www.shhhhdigi...