Saturday, February 8, 2014

Olympics

I'd just like say that the opening ceremonies of the Olympics were absolutely astounding and an incredible achievement in artistry, construction and presentation. Watching the presentation of Tolstoy's War And Peace was pretty emotionally intense. The whole scene was incredible and paid homage to Russia's rich cultural history and to one of my favourite if not my favourite classical composer.

It was great to see all of the teams make their entry way onto the stadium floor and I literally got goose bumps when the team of my country arrived.

To all of the countries taking part I'd like to wish you well in the spirit of the Olympics which supports diversity across the board in all aspects as does the place from which I originate and am very proud to be a part of. 


I am a citizen of the world and definitely a child of my place of birth. To use the words of a friend I am as we all are perfectly imperfect.

Let's hope that those representing us all at the 2014 Winter And Summer Olympics are even more so. ;-)

They are definitely the heroes of us all.

Stay well,
Brian Joseph Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Origins Of Shhhh! Digital Media

 Hi. if you've found this site, you're looking at the origins of what eventually became Shhhh! Digital Media ( https://www.shhhhdigi...